Here are some pictures I took while I visited Mahdia in the Pataro-Siparuni area in Guyana. A great place to visit if you want to see some of the hills in Guyana. Had a chance to see the gold mining operations in the “back dam”. I am not too in favor with the mining process as I witnessed the destruction of the environment. Nevertheless, the night life in Mahdia is fun (if you like beers and good music). Stayed at Roger’s Hotel, a very clean and upscale place to stay (considering the other options available).
The food in Mahdia is really something of a treat, you get a chance to choose from a range of cuisines, Chinese, Brazil, Caribbean and Guyana style.
- To find out more about Mahdia see [http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mahdia,_Guyana]
- Photography was done with the Canon PowerShot SX210is [http://www.usa.canon.com/cusa/support/consumer/digital_cameras/other_powershot/powershot_sx210_is].
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
- Share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)