Introduction to Photography Registration Form
This course is offered by GxMedia. The course is suitable for both beginners and those who have a basic understanding of photography who wish to have greater creative control over their equipment and at the same time develop their appreciation of the medium.
During the course there will be informal slide lectures that introduce both the creative and technical possibilities of your camera as you learn how to use the various settings and functions by responding to a set of briefs, and these will be supplemented by lectures on historical and contemporary artwork, which explore the aesthetics of photography.
Topics such as basic camera operation, composition, creative use of shutter speed and aperture, plus exposure and how to use a flash will help you develop your picture making skills, while a series of assignments set at the end of each session will offer you the chance to put these into practice by exploring some popular themes in your own time. There will also be a basic introduction to post-processing software for digital images.
At the end of the sessions you will be given assignments and your work will be reviewed at the beginning of subsequent sessions. Finally, the course concludes with an informal group critique of everyone’s work that offers you the chance to think about how you might progress when the course finishes.
Note: This course is best suited to students with digital SLR cameras and advanced ‘compacts’ with manual controls. Having a laptop to take the course will be an asset.
Course Schedule – 6 weeks: 2 hours of live class per week
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on LinkedIn (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)
- General Computer Tips (16)
- Microsoft Office (2)
- MySQL Database (2)
- Photo Gallery (19)
- PHP Programming (4)
- Social Media Marketing Tips (2)
- Website Development (5)
- Website Hosting (3)
- Windows Operating System (3)
- 03 Oct 2022Essentials for eCommerce Websites: The Possibilities in Guyana
- 13 May 2020How To Create Your Social Media Marketing Strategy
- 04 May 2020To Hashtag Or Not!
- 21 Jul 2015Shell Beach Adventure!
- 14 May 2015Lake Capoey – Essequibo Coast