The Financial Intelligence Unit (Guyana)
The Financial Intelligence Unit (FIU) was first established in 2004 under the Money Laundering Prevention Act of 2000, which was since repealed and replaced by the Anti-Money Laundering and Countering the Financing of Terrorism (AML/CFT) Act No. 13 of 2009.
The core functions of the FIU are outlined under section 9(1) of the AML/CFT Act. These include requesting, receiving, analyzing, and disseminating information on suspicious transaction reports and other information relating to money laundering, terrorist financing, or the proceeds of crime.
The FIU operates as an administrative type of FIU and independently carries out its functions as outlined under the AML/CFT Act. The unit’s functions are aimed at supporting the work of law enforcement agencies and other competent authorities in Guyana’s fight against money laundering, terrorist financing, and proceeds of crime.
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on LinkedIn (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)
- Job: Website Development, Implementation & Training
- Type: Content Management System + Web Application Development
- Features: Social Network Integration, Responsive Layout (fits all screen sizes), Custom Colour Scheme, Mobile Optimization, Search Engine Optimization.
- Development Time: 4 weeks
- Current Status: Live
- Chief Contact: Mr. Matthew Langevine
- URL: https://fiu.gov.gy/
- General Computer Tips (16)
- Microsoft Office (2)
- MySQL Database (2)
- Photo Gallery (19)
- PHP Programming (4)
- Social Media Marketing Tips (2)
- Website Development (5)
- Website Hosting (3)
- Windows Operating System (3)
- 03 Oct 2022Essentials for eCommerce Websites: The Possibilities in Guyana
- 13 May 2020How To Create Your Social Media Marketing Strategy
- 04 May 2020To Hashtag Or Not!
- 21 Jul 2015Shell Beach Adventure!
- 14 May 2015Lake Capoey – Essequibo Coast