Guyana Cricket Board
The Guyana Cricket Board (GCB) was founded in 1943, assuming control of cricket throughout Guyana from the Georgetown Cricket Club. This action followed the formation of the Berbice Cricket Board in 1939. William Stanley Jones, then President of the Georgetown Cricket Club, became the first President of the GCB. Jones, who was born in New Amsterdam and who donated the famous Jones Cup to the GCB in 1954, was President of the British Guiana Sugar Company at that time.
GCB is the official governing body for cricket in Guyana.
GxMedia was approached in February 2014 to design and develop as website for the organisation. For 6 weeks we worked closely with the staff in order to engineer the solution. Mr. Raj Singh was very involved in the design and development and he provided some very insightful direction to the end product.
- Job: Design, Development, Implementation & Training
- Type: Content Management System + Web Application Development
- Features: Social Network Integration, Responsive Layout (fits all screen sizes), Custom Colour Scheme, Mobile Optimization, SEO.
- Development Time: 6 weeks
- Chief Contact: Mr. Raj Singh
- Current Status: Live
- URL: http://GuyanaCricketBoard.com